Salary: $10.10 /hour
Immediate Need for A Community Support Specialist
Mondays-Thursdays 9:00AM-1:00 PM Fridays 9:00 A.M.-11:30 A.M.
A young man in Middletown is hiring a part-time support staff person to support him in his daily life. He would like his staff to assist him with developing skills to increase his independence within his home and community, support him with his personal care, as well as support him with understanding his alternate communication methods. He would also like his staff to support him in navigating the community by going out to eat and accessing different community events.
This position is 18.5 hours per week, 9am-1pm Mondays-Thursdays and 9am-11:30am on Fridays. There is also an opportunity to fill in for other staff. Ideal candidates will have experience working for adults with developmental disabilities, especially those who use non-verbal means of communication.
First Aid/CPR certification, clear background check, clear driver’s record, and driver’s license are required for this position.
Job Type: Part-time
Responsibilities and Duties
- Provide personal support assistance within the individual’s home.
- Develop a rapport with the individual and cultivate a safe and supportive relationship.
- Provide transportation to and from community destinations.
- Provide the individual with necessary skills to foster independence within his home and community.
Qualifications and Skills
- First aid/CPR current certification required.
- Must have a valid drivers license.
- Must be able to provide proof of car insurance.
- Must be 18 years or older.
- Must be able to successfully pass a background check.
- Experience in assisting individuals with developmental disabilities is preferred.
- Requires strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate verbally.