Salary: $14.00 /hour
A young man with a physical disability is looking for support to access and participate more fully in his community. Support person would support in him in searching for volunteer opportunities, attend community college classes, sports events, and join clubs or other activities with peers.
1. Assist with access in the community college classroom, opening doors, assuring he has access to a desk and his computer and backpack are accessible to him.
2. Assist in researching volunteer opportunities on campus and/or in the community.
3. Transportation to volunteer position and community activities (vehicle provided).
4. Support young man with integration opportunities on campus, such as attending sports games, finding clubs to join, going to the gym and lifting weights.
5. Minor personal supports include helping him access the various area around campus, assistance with meals and other small tasks as needed
6. Assist with transfers when needed.
23 hours per week – the exact schedule is negotiable.
Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, from 12 noon to 6 pm. Fridays 8 am to 1 pm.
As soon as possible.
Tuesdays and Thursdays: Howard Community College Campus, Columbia, MD
Wednesdays and Fridays: Volunteer site TBD, or Howard Community College campus, or home in Howard County.
Must have reliable transportation to job site, a vehicle will be provided when driving young man.
Good driving record, background check, CPR /First aid certificate.
At least 3 references.