Shared Support Maryland, Inc. provides support through person directed planning and organizational change to people with all levels of disability. Shared Support Maryland, Inc. provides a wide range of personalized supports and service to people that include those that, perhaps, are typically referred to as people with severe or profound disabilities. Regardless of disability, people have the right to the quality of life that they define. Through Shared Support Maryland, Inc. those that are paid by them help them to obtain it.
SSMD does not operate day programs, sheltered workshops or group homes. People choose their living situations, roommates and staff. People choose what they would like to do during the day, evening and weekend. This makes planning and implementation difficult at times and in the long run – people satisfied with their lives and the support they pay for.
Innovative Work and Services:
- Support Brokerage for those that are Self Directing their services (formally New Directions Waiver)
- Private Pay services
- Independent Advocacy
- Support Brokerage
- Person Centered/Directed Plan Development, Execution Planning and Support
- Meeting Facilitation
- Development Disabilities Administration (DDA)
- Family & Individual Support Services
- Personal Supports
- Individual Foster Care ~ when the person chooses the entire arrangement
- Department of Rehabilitation Services
- Employment Support Services through Department of Rehabilitation Services
- Training and Consultation
- Shared Support Maryland, Inc. proudly conducts training and development in the areas of person centered and directed planning and services, individualized supports, organizational development, leadership and self direction. We have a myriad of experience and tailor these to your needs, your agencies needs and to your states needs. Please inquire here.
We are primarily funded to support those with developmental disabilities in Maryland, however if you fall outside this criteria we would be more than happy to discuss with you the possibility of other options and services. Please feel free to contact us.
Serving: Maryland statewide
Currently Serving: Over 90 people
Ages Served: All ages